Monday, February 15, 2010

Meet the Female Dandies of Upper East Side!

A couple of weeks ago, we had our first pictorial for the brand. Ben couldn’t come because of New York Fashion Week. But he was hands on with me in choosing the models. The theme is after all, the Female Dandy. And we definitely wanted someone who exudes the complete package. We needed someone who could look sexy in “ man clothes “. Believe me, not every pretty girl can pull this off.

So what were the criteria. A female dandy carries something about her that spells confidence, but not arrogance. Someone who stands out from a crowd, not solely for her looks, but for the radiance she brings when she walks in a room. You see her and you know she is someone who can be dogmatic yet feminine all at the same time. She too must have a distinguishable personal style. Personified, meet our choices.


Alexa Uy





Alexa is a senior student at the Ateneo de Manila University. Only at 20, she has her mind set to be one of the greatest doctors of her time. A constant Dean’s Lister, she is a great source of her family’s pride. Despite her great focus on her studies, she remains to be one of the most fashionably adept persons I know. Alex is the oxymoron defined as a fashionably beautiful geek.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."(Chuck Palahnuik). I love emulating the Olsen sisters with regard to comfort and effortlessness, but there are those days when certain japanese and/or korean idols influence me to get dolled up. So more often than not, people see me in grunge and dark attires, then when I'm in the mood, I'd spice things up with some florals and bold prints. One piece of clothing that i could never live without would be a well-made blazer/jacket; no matter what i wear, whether androgynous or feminine, it just makes everything appear classy chic.”


Alyssa Fucoy




Alyssa is a junior law student at San Beda College. She is the perfect definition of beauty and brains. She was a scholar from Philippine Science High School, and went to college at the University of the Philippines Diliman. With a great thirst to serve the country, she moves on her with her dream to be one of the premier lawyers of the Philippines. Alyssa has a great ability to juggle her studies and social life all at the same time. She is the Lady President of her sorority, and loves to party with her friends after a long day’s exam. Notwithstanding the pressures of law schools, she makes sure to always look good and be always fashion forward.


" As a law student and head of a sorority, I move around a lot. A big chunk of my day is spent dealing with people from my sisters to terror professors. At best, I need to look smart and on top of my game everyday. I haven't really chosen the perfect look for my busy schedule until just last year. It's quite a relief to put on jeans and a cute top, pair it with my favorite heels and then throw in a blazer and still look professional. The look does not even require much thinking. Jeans are universal for one. Tops are eveywhere, It's blazers that change the whole image.

What is better is that at the end of the day, when I decide to relax and go gimmik with my friends, I still don't have to worry about looking too geeky, Blazers can still turn you into a chic without saying too much."


Do you have what it takes to be our next female dandy? Email us at
uesonline@yahoo.com and tell us all about you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment